Here are some common questions we get, and some good solutions. As always, call us if you need help. We’re here for you.
My computer is slow. How do I speed it up?
Here are some of the most common reasons your computer might be slow, and some solutions. However, often simply restarting your computer will help a lot, so we recommend starting with that.
- You have too many programs running at once. Just close some of the programs you don’t need.
- You may have a virus. Download antivirus software and run it. Call us to find out more.
- You’ve run out of storage space on your computer. Transfer some files to an external hard drive, or delete some big files, like videos, pictures and music.
- Someone else using your internet connection is streaming videos or downloading a big file. Just wait for them to finish or upgrade your internet plan.
- Your computer is older. Usually, older computers run slower. You could look into purchasing a new computer.
Is my internet wireless?
If you’re carrying around a laptop and it’s not plugged into anything but the internet is still working, then yes, you have wireless internet. If you don’t have wireless internet and you would like to get it, you just need a wireless router. We can provide this for you. Give us a call and we can help set you up.
My wireless internet isn’t working. What should I do?
First, you can try unplugging and then re-plugging in your wireless router. This will often fix the problem. Just find your wireless box (usually a black box with some lights on it), then unplug the round cable, wait five seconds, and plug it back in. If your internet still isn’t working, give us a call at 780-594-0123 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have contract terms?
We have one-, two- and three-year contracts, and we have no term contracts as well. We’re happy to adjust our services to fit your needs.
I’m moving. What should I do?
We’ll help you out—we’ll reinstall your internet service one time, free of charge, within your contract term. (If you move a second time within your contract term, there may be a fee. Give us a call if you’re in that situation.) Moving outside of your contract term won’t involve any reinstallation fees.